Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Houston, engagements and Pottery Barn

Spring has flown by...and thank goodness - I just don't know if I can take much more of this rain!! For the first time since I moved here almost 5 years ago, the weather in Portland is finally starting to get to me...cannot wait until it's sunny and warm, the tables come out on the sidewalks downtown for fun happy hours, weather is good for long walks and hiking and it's pool season!! Not much makes me happier.

Just got home from a quick happy hour with a bunch of girlfriends to celebrate Jackie's engagement to Sadbhuja!!! We all knew it was coming for awhile, but no one knew when he would get down on one knee...he is such a great planner - and he pulled it off and surprised her at the Oregon Coast - a great story that I just love hearing :) She is one of my best friends here in Oregon, and absolutely one of the funniest people I know - they make a great couple, and I love the 2 of them together. Our friend Brad also got engaged last week in Minnesota - he was one of the first people I met in Oregon, and we've all remained friends since he moved back to the midwest to take a Nike Golf sales rep job about 4 years ago. I will be making my first trip to MN next summer for his wedding, and I can't wait for a great Wedding Crasher quotes marathon.

In early April I had to take a break from the rain and I went to Houston for a much-needed trip to visit my best friend from high school, Jen. It had been  a couple years since I was last there, and it was the perfect long weekend - we just hung out, and caught up, plain and simple. We even went through the old high school year book. I got my BBQ and sweet tea fix (and Chik-fil-a too!) FAB.

Lastly - have to comment on Pottery Barn. Ever since I moved last fall, I have been in love with this store (and that's an understatement). Looking around my room now (which I just completed with over-priced fake but beautiful hydrangeas) I realize it looks a little like a Pottery Barn catalog...and I LOVE IT!!  What I probably spent on just pillows would cuase most people to faint. Too bad. They just do everything perfectly in that store, and I am the perfect example of someone who has fallen under the spell. This all reminds me of the "Friends" episode where Ross and Rachel start buying a ton of things from PB and are astounded at how many amazing home goods you can by there...I never understood the episode at the time...now, my appreciation is limitless. As my fantastic roomie said to me this week, "You never have to justify your overpriced Pottery Barn purchases to me. Never." Love that she gets it too. Probably because she decorated our whole living room in Pottery Barn too. Just saying.

Ciao!
Kristen

2 comments:

  1. yay for engagements and Pottery Barn! I need to see your room again. I haven't seen it since you decorated it like PB! Um I am jealous of your pillows. I want pillows but can never justify the cost!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - you need to come over again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete